We’re all growing very accustomed to taking steps to protect ourselves from serious health problems. There’s one danger to our health that people have been aware of for a very long time, though, that it can be easy to forget about – the danger of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. This gas is caused when fuel is not combusted completely, and so is frequently found around heating elements or other things that use fuel. If there is a high enough concentration, carbon monoxide can kill a person in only five minutes.

To keep yourself and your family protected from CO poisoning, be sure to have a carbon monoxide detector installed on each floor of your home, perhaps even positioned close to appliances that burn fuel. Make sure the detectors are working properly from time to time. Have fuel-burning appliances inspected regularly to ensure that they’re in good working order and are not expelling dangerous amounts of carbon monoxide.

error: Content is protected !!

WHAT EVERY HOMEBUYER IN WISCONSIN SHOULD KNOW

Buying a home is a big step in life - but it can also be a risky one if you don't know certain things.

That is why we have our homebuyer e-book that covers important information you need to know - from the perspective of a home inspector.

Simply enter your email below and get your free copy.

You have Successfully Subscribed!